There’s no doubt that winter can wreak havoc on our health, both mentally and physically. Chilly winds, lack of sunlight, constant central heating and an increased risk of catching colds all take their toll. Throw in a little over indulgence during the festive period and it’s no surprise that we often emerge in spring looking and feeling a little worse for wear.
The spa team have put our heads together and drawn on our various areas of expertise to bring you the ultimate winter survival guide – so you can look and feel your best whatever the weather throws at you.
• Take vitamin D supplements to keep bones and skin healthy during the months of reduced sunlight.
• Encourage good circulation and leave your skin feeling hydrated with a shea butter massage. https://spa.dolphinsquare.co.uk/treatments/experiences-for-the-body/
• Try and apply a facemask that contains collagen once a week. Collages helps to redness and dryness brought on by the wind.
• Wear gloves on public transport and wash your hands regularly to reduce your risk of catching a cold.
• Try to take regular exercise. Whether you swim, jog, spin or even cycle, exercise keeps you looking and feeling great. And remember, summer bodies are made in winter!
Make sure you make plenty of time to see friends! It may be tempting to stay inside during winter, but this will make you far more likely to feel lonely and isolated. Our harem in the hareem experience makes for a fun, nurturing few hours for groups of four or more. https://spa.dolphinsquare.co.uk/treatments/moroccan-day-group-rituals/