With more and more Londoners choosing to rent, coupled with soaring house prices in the capital, many people are turning to the option of a studio apartment rental when it comes to finding an affordable place to live.
As with any property, studio apartments have their own unique set of advantages and disadvantages. While the typical size of a studio apartment ebbs on the smaller end of the scale, it is possible to make the space work for you.
Our blog will help you understand the nuances of studio flats in Pimlico, and provide you with some practical advice for renting in the SW1 area.
Why Studio Flats And Pimlico Go Hand-In-Hand
Studio flats, also known as studio apartments, self-contained apartments, bedsits, or bachelor flats, are defined as a “small apartment in which the normal functions of multiple rooms – often the living room, bedroom, and kitchen – are combined into a single room.”
Because London is such a bustling city, drawing in an excess of 21 million international tourists each year, it’s understandable that space is at a premium. This influx of travellers, coupled with normal London renters, has created a highly competitive rental market.
Many potential renters have opted for Pimlico as their preferred Central London destination, not only for its residential lifestyle and plethora of restaurants, bars, shopping centres and green spaces, but also for the competitive pricing it offers on rentals.
Renters who choose Pimlico studio apartments benefit from the lower average rent price in comparison to higher-priced neighbourhoods. It makes sense to opt for a smaller space in a bustling city like London when you need the convenience of a prime location, while still getting value for your money.
Renting A Studio Flat: Is It Right For You?
Deciding on the type of apartment you need is completely subjective. What works well for you might not work at all for the next person. It will take time and effort to find out if the studio apartments on offer in Pimlico are going to serve your best interests.
Below, we share a few tips to help to determine whether or not studio flat living is right for you:
- Does the studio apartment rental price complement your budget?
- Do you plan on living alone, or do you need extra space for frequent guests?
- Will the average size of a studio apartment satisfy your lifestyle and storage needs?
- Are you looking to save money on rent by downsizing?
- Do you appreciate a multifunctional living space, or do you need defined partitions between each room?
Studio apartments offer a low-maintenance, affordable solution to London renters. Often, studio apartments are concentrated in the trendiest parts of town to cater for the variety of tenants they attract, and offer more than “just” an apartment; rather, a lifestyle.
It’s important to determine if a studio apartment is right for you if you intend on sharing your space with a partner. Privacy may be a concern of yours when sharing a space. There are some practical DIY fixes if this is your concern, such as free-standing partitions or a well-placed privacy screen - but be sure you are happy to commit to this before signing the dotted line. The lower rental price associated with studio flats is a major drawcard for London renters looking to save money. Our Pimlico studio apartments offer excellent value for money, especially if you factor in the guest facilities on offer at Dolphin Square.
The Advantages of Renting A Studio Flat
If you’ve been considering renting a studio flat in Pimlico, you’ve probably drawn up your own lists of pros and cons to help you make an informed decision.
Below, we will share some expert insights that you might not have considered into why studio flat rentals could benefit you:
- Studio apartments offer high levels of security. Often, studio flats will be located on upper levels of a building. Provided you aren’t in a basement or ground floor apartment, the risk of burglaries is greatly minimised. What’s more - at Dolphin Square - we offer 24-hour security, adding that extra layer of support to ensure your stay is enjoyable and carefree.)
- Pimlico studio apartments offer lower property taxes than detached homes. Your council tax payable on studio flats is significantly lower than what you would pay for a larger apartment, and as we all know, these small savings add up in the long term.
- Often, studio apartments are housed within one building that caters to a range of various tenants. A great studio apartment building will house a range of sports and leisure facilities to help you make the most of your stay. At dolphin Square, we proudly offer on-site amenities including our bar and grill, gym, and Moroccan spa. The ultimate convenience, at your doorstep.
- Studio apartment living offers a sense of community, allowing you access to the companionship of close neighbours, or the solace of your own space if you need some time to yourself.
- A great studio apartment will offer you access to communal gardens - giving you free entry to green space without the need to maintain it yourself. Dolphin Square boasts 3.5 acres of idyllic gardens, accessible to all our residents, included in your monthly rental fee.
- It may seem obvious, but one of the biggest benefits of studio apartment living is that it has considerably fewer responsibilities than buying a house. No need to worry about maintaining fixtures, paying exorbitant bills typically associated with homeownership, and you will likely pay less on utilities like gas because of the smaller area you need to keep warm.
- Pimlico studio apartments offer an affordable solution to living in a location where house prices would be expensive.
- Lastly, a well-designed studio apartment makes smart use of space. You can decorate your studio apartment to suit your own unique taste, and make use of the ‘nooks and crannies’ of your apartment to maximise storage options.
Why You Won’t Break The Bank Renting A Studio Flat With Dolphin Square
Average rent prices are considerably lower in certain parts of London. It’s worth researching the area you want to live in to get an understanding of how you can find the same apartment type, with the same facilities, at a lower rate, simply based on location.
As a quick comparison, the average rent price for Mayfair comes in at a staggering £3,928 per calendar month - the highest rental price across all of London’s boroughs.
A meagre stone’s throw away, Pimlico comes in considerably cheaper, with an average rent price of £2,075 per calendar month. It’s worth noting that these prices are often for rental apartments that do not come with all the inclusions Dolphin Square offers.
Our Pimlico studio apartment rentals start from the affordable weekly price of £335, totalling less than £1,500 per calendar month. Choosing Dolphin Square’s Pimlico studio apartments is the affordable solution to big city living that won’t break the bank. What’s more, you will have direct access to our excellent on-site facilities, including the bar and grill, gym, and Moroccan spa. If you own or lease a vehicle, we can provide you with an underground parking space for a nominal fee. We offer the ultimate convenience at a price you can afford.
Our Pimlico studio apartments could be the solution.
If you’re looking for the most affordable, practical solution to renting in the capital, our Pimlico studio apartments offer all the convenience you could desire. Our modern studio apartments offer unbridled safety, proximity to major transport links, on-site amenities that complement your lifestyle, and the safety of knowing you’re choosing an established and trusted name in the London rental market.
If you’re ready to book a viewing, get in touch with us here. We are available to answer your questions and discuss your specific needs. We look forward to welcoming you!